Sunday, June 6, 2010
Kickstart HENRY VI (Part III)
Coming in July, Wide Eyed Productions in collaboration with Columbia University will mount our most ambitious production to date: Shakespeare's most bloody chapter in the War of the Roses, "Henry VI (Part III)." This production, directed by Columbia MFA candidate Adam Marple, is slated to be staged at the prestigious East 13th Street Theatre. It promises to deliver an experience that will truly leave the eyes of our audience wide with wonder.
In bringing this project to life we are faced with an equally epic task of raising at least $5,000 through our Kickstarter campaign by midnight on June 20, 2010. We believe this is possible, but in order for us to reach this goal, we require the assistance and support of our audience.
This last year saw multiple artistic successes for Wide Eyed:
* Our '09 production, "The Spin Cycle," was published in Plays and Playwrights 2010 (New York Theatre Experience Small Press)
* Wide Eyed commissioned a family musical, "Jack and the Soy Beanstalk,"soon to be published by Baker's Plays at Samuel French
* Wide Eyed Productions was named a NYTheatre.com “Person of the Year”
* Two shows ("A World Elsewhere: Arias in the Key of Clown" and "Jack and the Soy Beanstalk") were well-received at the 2009 New York International Fringe Festival
* Acclaimed productions of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest" and the first New York City revival of "The Last Days of Judas Iscariot"
Our ability to continue to create the high caliber of work that you have come to expect from Wide Eyed Productions is contingent upon the generosity of our donors. We hope you will join us in this process!