Wide Eyed Productions is hosting our second installment of the WINKS Reading Series, but this time with a twist! We will be focusing exclusively on original plays by local NYC playwrights! Wide Eyed Productions is excited to continue its work on new American plays like the award winning Animals by Sam Byron and the upcoming New York premiere of Dan Kitrosser's Dead Special Crabs, but we had such a good response to our last reading series, we wanted the fun to continue.
THE SEVEN DEADLY WINKS
Each month at the Drama League Center, we will feature a twenty minute segment from three original works by three different writers which are related to, or inspired by, that month’s “sin.” At the end of each night the audience will be invited to select their favorite of the evening by casting an anonymous ballot. The majority favorite will be named a semifinalist and be invited to submit a full text* to Wide Eyed Productions’ Artistic Board for consideration for our final round.
Two overall finalists will be chosen and given a full staged reading of their plays at the end of the WINKS series, and one winning text will be chosen based on audience and board votes. This winning text will then be submitted to the New York International Fringe Festival for production.
What you need to know:
- The play does not need to be a World Premiere.
- The play does not need to be a fully completed text when it is initially submitted.
- Musicals will be considered as long as they are submitted with a music sample.
- Directors and casts will be provided by Wide Eyed, but we love it when you have suggestions for people you love to work with!
- Please submit selections of text, treatments, and other support material to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the “sin(s)” you think it matches by January 15, 2014.
* The full text is not to exceed a 90-minute estimated run time. Semifinalists will be given a deadline for submissions of full texts.
Kristin Skye Hoffmann